Sildenafil Citrate tablet (Silagra®)
What is this drug?
SILDENAFIL CITRATE is used to treat male erection problems.
What should I let my health care provider know prior to taking this medicine?
Please inform them if you are having or have ever had any of the below conditions:
- any sorts of eye or vision problems, including a rare inherited eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa
- heart disease, angina, abnormal blood pressure, a history of heart attack, or other heart problems
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to sildenafil, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
How should I take this medicine?
Take this medicine orally accompanied by a glass of water. The dose should be taken 1 hour prior to planned sexual activity. This medicine should never be taken more often than once per day. You should never take this medicine more often than directed.
Overdosage: If you believe to have taken too much of this medicine, contact the nearest poison control center or emergency room immediately.
NOTE: This drug is only intended for your usage. You should never share this medicine with others.
What are the possible interactions with this medicine?
This medicine should never be taken with any of the below drugs:
- methscopolamine nitrate
- nitrates like amyl nitrite, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, nitroglycerin
- other sildenafil products (Revatio, Aurogra, Kamagra, etc.) This drug could also potentially interact with the below medicines:
- certain drugs used for the treatment of high blood pressure
- certain drugs, which are used to treat HIV infection or AIDS
- certain medicines used for the treatment of fungal or yeast infections, including but not limited to: fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and voriconazole
This list is not all inclusive and may not describe all potential interactions with other medicines. You should provide your health care provider with a full list of all medicines, herbs, non- prescription drugs, or dietary supplements you are taking. You should also let them know whether you smoke, drink alcohol, or use any of the illegal drugs. Some of those items may potentially interact with your medicine.
Is there anything for me to watch for while taking this medicine?
If you there are any noticeable changes in your vision during the treatment course with this drug, let your doctor or health care professional know of it immediately.
Call your health care provider right away if you have any change in vision. You should also get in touch with your doctor or health care professional straightaway if your erection lasts for longer than 4 hours or if it becomes painful at any stage. This may be a sign of a serious problem and must be treated right away to prevent permanent damage.
If you are experiencing nausea, dizziness, chest pain or arm pain symptoms upon starting sexual activity after you took this medicine, it is mandatory to refrain from any further activity and inform your doctor or health care professional immediately.
The usage of this medicine would not protect you or your partner against HIV infection (the virus causing AIDS) or other sexually transmitted diseases.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
The below side effects should be reported to your doctor or health care professional immediately:
- allergic reactions including rash skin, itching or hives, face, lips, or tongue swelling
- difficulty breathing
- altered hearing
- changes in vision, blurred vision, trouble telling blue from green color
- chest pains
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- men: prolonged or painful erection (lasting more than 4 hours)
- seizures The below side effects usually do not require medical attention (although you should escalate them to your doctor or health care professional if they are persistent or bothersome):
- stuffy or runny nose
The above list is not all-inclusive and may not describe all possible side effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Where this medicine should be kept?
This medicine should be kept out of children's reach.
This medicine is to be stored at room temperatures between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Any unused medicine should be thrown away after the expiry date is reached.