What is Yasmin?
DROSPIRENONE; ETHINYL ESTRADIOL is an oral contraceptive (birth control pill). This medicine combines two types of female hormones, estrogen and progestin. It is used to prevent ovulation and pregnancy.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have or ever had any of these conditions:
- abnormal vaginal bleeding
- adrenal gland disease
- blood vessel disease or blood clots
- breast, cervical, endometrial, ovarian, liver, or uterine cancer
- gallbladder disease
- heart disease or recent heart attack
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- high potassium level
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- migraine headaches
- systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- tobacco smoker
- an unusual or allergic reaction to estrogens, progestins, or other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How should I use Yasmin?
For routine prevention of pregnancy.
Take this medicine by mouth. To reduce nausea, this medicine may be taken with food. Take this medicine at the same time each day and in the order directed on the package. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.
Keep an extra month